Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

KODAK RECOROID 33

I got the idea from some guy that dismantled an old Polaroid land camera to use as a Polaroid back and attached a Holga to it. I've had this Kodak Recomar 33 for a couple years and have never been able to use it. It didn't have a focusing screen and I'm not going to shoot or develop sheet film. Not anytime soon. I found a cheap land camera and gutted it and slapped the two together.

I made a focusing screen out of an old film pack and some vellum paper

I used my focusing screen and a tape measure to get my new settings.
The two fit almost perfectly together. I still don't know how/if I will fasten them together permanently.
a little tape for the light leaks. I had to put a piece of dense foam on the inside to block off the area of the battery compartment from leaking light.
Shooting instant pack film was a little tricky. I shot a pack of fuji fp-100c and only got these 3 images but learned a lot in the process. Next time I think I can get at least 7 out of 10.
I didn't mean for this to be a double exposure. This was a 1/2 second exposure with a flash light pointed on Francois face.

I pulled the film out to fast and got a half image. At least it was the half with his face.
All the extra developer made the print dark and spotty.